Whether you injured your knee from exercise or just slept on it wrong, knee pain can put a wrench in your daily plans. Luckily, the best (and fastest) way to get rid of knee pain is to stretch and exercise your joints.
Here are a few easy exercises that can alleviate knee pain fast.
1. Calf Stretch
The calf stretch is favored because it releases pressure on the back of the knee.
- Place hands in front of the wall. Then, with your back leg straight, bend the forward leg.
- Keep your back leg straight (with the bottom of your heel placed firmly on the ground).
- Push against the front wall.
- Hold pose for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg.
2. Hamstring Stretch
The hamstring stretch is a simple, easy stretch that you can master at home. Make sure you are lying down on a firm, comfortable surface before you begin.
- Straighten both legs, and then raise one leg off the floor.
- Place your hands below your knee and behind your thigh. Then, pull your knee toward your chest. The hamstring stretch should relax the tight muscles around your knee.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
3. Figure Four Stretch
The figure four stretch is another excellent stretching tool to do on your back on a comfortable surface.
- Cross your left foot over the opposing quad, and then bend your right knee.
- Hold the back of your left leg and slowly pull toward your chest until you feel a slight stretch.
- Hold position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Switch sides.
4. Side Lunge
While it may seem counterintuitive to practice stretches that don't directly relate to your knees, strengthening muscles nearby your knees can be just as helpful.
- Lunge to one side by bending one knee and holding the opposite leg straight.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat.
The clamshell stretch can reduce knee pain fast and help strengthen your muscles so that you can work towards having your knees be pain-free.
- Lay on your side
- Bend your knees toward your chest, and make sure to keep your back straight and align your feet with your body.
- While still keeping your feet together, raise your top knee. Make sure to keep your hips straight so you don't roll forward.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds. Once finished, lower your knee.
- Do stretch on the opposite knee.
6. Foam Roller
A foam roller is a great tool that loosens the muscles around your knee to alleviate pain and increase mobility.
Take the foam roller and roll out the muscles on your thighs and legs for two minutes.
7. Dynamic and Static Fire Hydrant
Use this stretch to strengthen glutes, improve balance, and alleviate knee pain.
- Place hands on a wall for balance.
- Stand on one leg. Then, move your free leg out and back at a 45-degree angle. Remember to keep your hips level.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat stretch five times.
Alleviate Knee Pain
With these seven simple exercises, you can quickly alleviate knee pain. Just a few minutes each morning can help you begin your day without knee pain interfering with your plans.
You May Also Like…
Need quick knee relief while you’re on the go? Try the Ultra Knee Elite today.
2,000+ five star reviews.
Relieves your knee pain or your money back (90-day guarantee).